Gas is a huge expense for every household. Between driving to and from work, picking kids up from school, running errands and other tasks that put you behind the wheel, many drivers wonder how they can increase miles per gallon in Conway, AR. Luckily, these tips will teach you how to improve your fuel efficiency so you can save money at the pump:
- Ease up on the gas pedal: Most don’t realize that easing up on the gas is how to increase MPG in Conway, AR. If you’re flooring it when traffic lights turn green, you’re burning gas needlessly. Slowly accelerate when possible so that your vehicle isn’t excessively guzzling gas.
- Coast when you can: Oftentimes, people are driving places that they’ve been hundreds of times before. That means you know exactly when to turn, when the speed limit changes and the other conditions of the road on your journey. Instead of hitting the gas and brake pedals during your daily commute, coast when possible. Let the inertia of your vehicle get you there without pushing your car or truck to the limit.
- Slow down: We all exceed the speed limit on occasion. However, regularly speeding around town not only puts you and other drivers in danger, it wastes gas and forces you to fuel up more often.
- Lighten your load: When you’re hauling lots of heavy items in your vehicle, you’re going to go through more gas more quickly. To increase miles per gallon in Conway, AR, clean out the excess stuff piling up in your back seat and trunk. Don’t drive around with items in your car that you do not need.
- Regulate your air conditioner: Many newer vehicles have an ECO mode for air conditioners. Even if your car or truck has this feature, you want to conservatively run your AC, because its compressor eats up gas.
- Cruise down the road: When you’re driving long distances where the speed limit remains constant, cruise control is a must. This feature is vital to improving your car’s miles per gallon.
- Under pressure: If your tires are under- or over-inflated, your vehicle is burning more gas than needed. You should check your tires between seasons because any weather changes will affect their pressure.
- Don’t skip maintenance: Your vehicle requires regular maintenance. Taking your car into a reliable and honest automotive shop that is ASE certified for tune-ups throughout the year will ensure that any issues that could lower your MPG are addressed before they cost you more money than you want to spend.
- Pump quality gas: Many engine problems stem from drivers using cheap, low-quality gas. Opt for gas that has quality detergents added so your car is running on the best available fuel.
If you’re concerned about how to increase MPG in Conway, AR, bring your high-performance foreign vehicle to Riverdale Automotive. Our team of highly-skilled and thoroughly trained technicians can diagnose any issues affecting your car’s gas mileage so you stop breaking the bank at the gas station. Get in touch with us today to discuss how Riverdale Automotive can help you increase miles per gallon in Conway, AR.