Every car owner knows that you can’t go about your daily commute for years on end and expect your vehicle to run without any issues. Before long, a neglected car will have some sort of breakdown that’ll set you back hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars. The good news is that a trip to a foreign auto repair shop in Conway, AR is avoidable with a little maintenance. Continue reading to learn more about basic vehicle maintenance:
- Motor oil changes: Your most basic duty as a car owner is to have your oil changed every few thousand miles. Motor oil is the lifeblood of your vehicle, ensuring that all of the moving parts in your engine run smoothly and you don’t sacrifice any engine performance due to friction.
- Oil filter changes: Your oil filter will need to be changed every several thousand miles as well. Changing the oil filter ensures that your engine runs to the best of its ability and will help reduce engine issues. A professional will be able to tell when your filter is dirty and needs to be swapped out for a new one.
- Tires: Tires nowadays are designed to last for tens of thousands of miles before they start to wear down, but that day will eventually come, and your tires will have to be replaced. Make a habit of inspecting the tread to make sure that your tires have enough grip to keep you from sliding all over the road. Perform the “penny test” every once in a while, and you should be good to go.
- Tire pressure: In addition to making sure that your tires have enough tread, you’ll want to double check that they’re properly inflated. Underinflated or overinflated tires are a hazard to you and everyone else on the road. Check your owner’s manual to see what pressure the manufacturer recommends.
- Brake pads: Like your tires, your brake pads are manufactured to last longer than ever before—and also like your tires, worn down brake pads can cause catastrophic accidents! Pay attention to signs of worn brake pads, like strange noises or poor response time. If you notice any issues, take your car to a specialist for an inspection and brake pad replacement.
- Spark plugs: Your spark plugs are responsible for starting the engine and keeping it running at optimum performance. The only problem? They start to wear out after a while. When spark plugs start to go, you’ll notice a loss in power or slow acceleration. Your car might not even start. Have a pro inspect your spark plugs every 30,000 miles or so to make sure they look good.
- Cleaning: Last but not least, make sure you keep your car nice and clean. We’re not saying that you have to hand wash your vehicle every week or anything like that, but it’s a good idea to vacuum out the interior regularly and bring it through a car wash once in a while.
Though most car owners are capable of handling some vehicle maintenance, we believe everyone needs a little professional assistance every now and then! Bring your vehicle to our foreign auto repair shop in Conway, AR to have an inspection and quick tune-up. You’ll be amazed at how much better your car runs after we work on it!