By now, you know that your car needs an oil change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or so, depending on your make and model. You have two options when it’s time for an oil change in Conway, AR: you can do it yourself, or you can bring your car to an auto shop and let a pro handle it for you. This post will cover the benefits of both options.
Benefits of doing it yourself
Though we do think that an oil change in Conway, AR should be performed by a professional, you can certainly opt to do it yourself. Here are a few reasons why folks might go the DIY route instead of bringing their car to a mechanic:
- Total control of your vehicle: We know that true car enthusiasts want their hands in every aspect of their vehicle, and that’s not possible if you let a professional change your oil. If you’re a car enthusiast, you’re much better off changing your oil by yourself.
- Save a little time: Any good auto mechanic can change your oil in a matter of minutes, but you’ll still probably need to wait in line for a bit before the mechanic can get around to your car. That’s not going to be the case if you change your oil by yourself in the driveway!
- Save some money: Though oil changes aren’t expensive, they’re certainly not as cheap as doing it yourself. A DIY oil change only costs as much as a new quart of oil and a new oil filter.
Benefits of a professional oil change
Though there are many reasons why we believe a professional oil change is the route to go, these are a few of the big ones:
- The job will be done right: Changing your oil isn’t necessarily difficult, but things can go wrong when you try to do it by yourself. When you bring your vehicle to an auto shop, you can rest easy knowing that the professionals will do the job right and your car will run as smoothly as possible.
- The correct oil will be used: All motor oils aren’t created equal, and using the wrong oil can be a problem for your engine. A pro knows the right type of oil to use for your engine and the time of year.
- Proper oil recycling: You can’t just toss old oil into the trash when you’re done changing it. Oil needs to be properly recycled to ensure that the environment isn’t harmed. An auto mechanic knows where old motor oil needs to go in order to comply with government regulations.
- Have a checkup: A professional doesn’t just change your oil and oil filter. He’ll also take a look at your whole vehicle to make sure everything looks the way it should. A professional oil change can help detect small problems before they turn into big ones.
The next time you need an oil change in Conway, AR, be sure to bring your vehicle to Riverdale Automotive! We’ll change your oil and take a look at your vehicle to ensure everything looks the way it should.