Keeping your car in prime condition can be a challenge. Thankfully, it’s easy to seek out assistance from a mechanic specializing in European auto repair in Conway, AR. Additionally, there are a number of small automotive hacks you can do to help your car run and look its very best.
Here are just some of the most inventive auto hacks to keep in mind:
- Cool down dents: If there are any small dents on your vehicle, you may be able to pop them out using a block of dry ice. Handling the ice with tongs, gently touch it and hold it to the site of the dent. This will rapidly cool down the car’s metal frame and allow it to pop back into its original shape.
- Prevent rust with nail polish: If there’s a small scratch in your vehicle’s paint, you’ll probably want to take it in to a shop specializing in European auto repair in Conway, AR to have the scratch painted over as soon as possible. In the meantime, however, you can use clear nail polish to seal over the damage and prevent the formation of rust.
- Brush up your headlights: Hazy headlights can make it difficult to see and be seen out on the road. To make your headlights truly shine, remove all of the built-up dirt and oxidation by scrubbing them with toothpaste. Use a dry cotton rag to buff off the headlights, and then give them a quick rinse with water.
- Get rid of trunk junk: If there’s lots of unnecessary stuff in your trunk, it may actually be adversely affecting your vehicle’s fuel economy. Did you know that overloading your trunk can lead to reduced fuel economy? Cleaning out your trunk isn’t just good for your own sanity—it’s also good for the health of your car and the planet!
- Keep it light: While it may be tempting to pick up a new keychain decoration from each and every destination you visit, doing so may actually damage your car’s ignition. Keep your keychain nice and light, with only the essentials attached, to keep your car’s ignition in good working order.
- Remember to litter: If you find yourself frequently driving on icy roads, you may be wondering how you can provide your vehicle with a bit of extra traction in case you get stuck. Keeping some kitty litter in your car is a great way to ensure that you stay safe on even the most treacherous roads.
Since 2009, Riverdale Automotive has been the premier source of European auto repair in Conway, AR. You can count on us to provide you with a wide range of high-quality services designed to keep your car in the best possible shape. We’re proud of our ability to repair and address nearly any issue with your European vehicle. We specialize in the repair of Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche cars. To learn more about ways that we can help you keep your European car in prime condition, contact one of our friendly representatives today!