Rolling down the windows and letting the breeze flow through your hair is one of the best parts of driving during the summer, but you don’t want to have to rely on your windows to keep you cool while driving. Ensuring that your air conditioner works is a must during the dog days of summer. Here are a few things to know about having your AC checked by a Volkswagen repair shop in Conway, AR:
- Avoid unnecessary repair: AC repair isn’t necessarily the most expensive repair, but, you still don’t want to be car-less while your air conditioner is being fixed. You can avoid that hassle by having your AC checked today.
- Save money: Nobody wants to pay to have their car fixed. Fixing the air conditioner may not be as expensive as repairing the engine or transmission, but it’s still an expense you might not be prepared for. Bringing your car to our shop today for a quick inspection could save you big bucks on repairing your AC!
- Stay comfortable: Rolling the windows down works to keep you cool for a little bit, but nothing compares to the refreshing breeze put out by your car’s air conditioner. Having your AC checked will ensure you stay cool and comfortable all summer long.
- Keep your car running smoothly: Your air conditioner doesn’t just keep you cool—it actually plays a big role in how your car functions overall. A broken AC can lead to other problems with your vehicle that’ll require extensive (and expensive) repairs. Ensure your car runs as it should by having your AC checked today.
Diagnosing AC problems
Luckily, air conditioners typically don’t break without any warning. There are generally a few indicators that your AC is on its way out. Be sure to bring your car to a Volkswagen repair shop in Conway, AR if you notice any of these signs:
- Low airflow: Is your airflow much weaker than it once was? If so, you’re probably in need of AC repair. Weak airflow could be a problem with several aspects of your system. It’ll take the help of our trained pros to diagnose and correct the issue.
- Warm air: Air might be blasting out of your vents, but if it’s warm air, that’s not helping you out much on a 90-degree summer day. You want your AC to be ice cold when you crank it on! Warm air could be caused by a lack of refrigerant. Bring your car to our shop and have your AC recharged. That could make all the difference! If there’s some other issue, though, we’ll be able to diagnose and repair the problem.
- Bad smells: As air conditioners age, they tend to emit foul odors from the vents. Needless to say, nobody wants to ride around in a smelly car! Bring your car to our shop as soon as you can if a nasty odor is coming from your vents. Whatever the cause of the smell, rest easy knowing that we’ll be able to fix it!
Don’t wait until the middle of summer only to have your AC break. Bring your vehicle to Riverdale Automotive today to get it a quick checkup.