There’s nothing cheap about owning a car. Car payments are expensive, insurance can cost a lot each month, gas is usually pricy and any vehicle repairs are sure to put a hole in your pocket. Thankfully, there are some things you can do to save money when it comes to your car. Follow these tips and you’re sure to have more money in your wallet at the end of the month:
- Try regular fuel: Luxury vehicle manufacturers often say that their vehicles require midgrade or even premium gasoline, which can cost 20 more cents per gallon. While that’s true in some cases, using expensive gas isn’t a steadfast rule! Newer engines can run just fine with regular fuel. Try replacing your expensive premium gas with regular fuel—we bet you won’t even notice a difference! In addition to using regular fuel, you can download apps that show you the cheapest gas prices in your area. You’ll be surprised how much money you’ll save over the course of the year by paying a few cents less at the pump each time you fill up.
- Find a trustworthy mechanic: When you run into car troubles or need engine repair in Conway, AR, whom do you turn to? Hopefully it’s someone you know and trust! That can be hard, though. There are plenty of shady mechanics out there who either charge too much or don’t know what they’re doing. Look up reviews for mechanics before you bring your car to them. And once you find a good mechanic, stick with them!
- Shop around for parts and tires: Do you shop around to find the best deal when you need to buy something? If not, you should! There’s always a better deal out there for items, especially when it comes to car parts and tires. These days, comparing prices for auto parts is easier than ever thanks to the internet. Be sure you hop online before you buy anything so you can find the best deal.
- Keep a maintenance schedule: Diligent car owners bring their vehicles to a mechanic for inspections and maintenance every few thousand miles. These maintenance trips include things like oil changes, fluid checks and tire rotation. A mechanic will ensure your vehicle is running as it should and it won’t break down any time soon. As they say, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
- Don’t ignore dashboard lights: Even if you bring your car in for maintenance on a regular schedule, you can still run into problems out on the road. Luckily, your dashboard lights will let you know when something is awry. Don’t let these lights flash for days on end before bringing your car in for repairs! The longer you wait, the more extensive and expensive the repairs will be.
Whether your vehicle needs engine repair in Conway, AR or just a simple checkup, bring your ride to Riverdale Automotive! We have some of the lowest prices in the area and all of our work is guaranteed by our master mechanics.