If you find a used Mercedes for a decent price, it can be a great deal—or your worst nightmare. There is no doubt that Mercedes builds cars that last, and even at 100,000 miles you are practically guaranteed many years of happy driving. But that is not possible if you do not find a Mercedes Benz repair shop in Conway, AR to keep that beautiful investment running. Here is what you need to know about Mercedes upkeep:
- Parts can cost you: Mercedes has a long warranty, but if it is no longer effective when you buy the car, you will have to finance all new parts and repairs. Also, since many models require higher-quality synthetic oil or premium gasoline, that also adds to the costs of owning a Mercedes. The good news is that, if you stay up on maintenance and follow the instructions in your owner’s manual regarding fuel and oil, there is less of a chance of anything going horribly wrong. Just know from the beginning that maintaining your vehicle will cost more than if you choose a domestic or other less expensive model.
- Watch the electronics: Heated seats, power windows, navigation and other features are nice, but they also offer more things that can break. A Mercedes vehicle comes with a good engine and transmission, but when the car gets older, your electronic elements will start to act up. This can be annoying and lead to many irritated calls to your mechanic. An experienced Mercedes mechanic can find the flaws quickly, and that makes these quirks easier to restore to new.
- Good tires may be hard to find: Many luxury cars take very specific tires to maintain a smooth ride. They can even come in odd sizes that may not be carried by mainstream tire shops. While the advantages are more than worth it, this is another expense to prepare for when you acquire a new Mercedes. Not only may tires cost more, but you may also have to spend time searching to find the best ones for your car.
- These are not for the neglectful: If you are one of those people who procrastinates on oil changes or pushes cars even through odd noises and behaviors, Mercedes may not be the best brand for you. While not much goes wrong too often, pushing these vehicles beyond their time for repair results in worse problems. Their systems are well made, but sensitive, so keeping up with needed maintenance or repair is vital.
- This can be manageable: Before you are scared completely away by the costs of owning a Mercedes, know that there is one way to make these expenses much more manageable. A common mistake made by first-time Mercedes owners is to use the dealership shop’s services. This works well when you buy a car new or nearly new and the warranty is still in place. In fact, it is likely required that you use the dealership shop to keep the warranty. But, once it has expired, find an independent shop with a specialty in European vehicles. You will save money over the dealership and may even enjoy better service.
Riverdale Automotive is a skilled Mercedes Benz repair shop in Conway, AR. If your Mercedes requires attention, call us today to schedule an appointment.