Although you properly maintain your car and take it in for regular checkups, there will always be factors out of your control that can do extensive damage in addition to normal wear and tear. To prevent extra car expenses for repairs and parts replacements, ask your trusted foreign auto repair shop in Conway, AR about the most common road hazards known to cause alignment issues so you can be on the lookout:
- Potholes: Big or small, deep or wide, potholes of all shapes and sizes have been a menace to society for decades. While potholes are unsightly, what’s worse is the damage that slamming into one can do to the structural integrity of your vehicle. The combination of a lower set luxury vehicle and damaged street asphalt is not a good one. It’s easy to throw your car out of whack by hitting a pothole once, or issues may crop up over several pothole run-ins.
- Speed bumps: Cars speeding through residential areas are a problem faced by many neighborhoods, which is the reason for neighbors coming together to get speed bumps installed. Many shopping center parking lots also take advantage of speed controlling concrete or rubber bumps. Whether you flew over a speed bump on purpose or because you never even saw it coming, going too fast over one has the potential to cause severe jostling of the frame and parts underneath your vehicle.
- Concrete curbs: Depending on how hard or awkwardly you hit, contact between your car’s tires and a section of curb can yield unpleasant results—like popped tires, a bent chassis or a stiff neck. Concrete parking spot dividers can also prove to be hazardous to the undersides of low cars, or cause damage to wheels and tires. Take it easy when driving near curbs (especially square curbs) to avoid needing to visit a foreign auto repair shop in Conway, AR.
- Road obstructions: A sudden jerk of the steering wheel to swerve around a rock, large piece of debris, person or animal coupled with slamming on the brakes puts a tremendous burden on your vehicle. To make matters worse, hitting said objects is another scenario that can put a strain on auto alignment, because an object you hit may ricochet off the road and bounce multiple times along the underside of your vehicle.
- Other drivers: One of the most common causes of car alignment issues involves other drivers. There are people on the roads everyday who are distracted or just plain horrible drivers, and this puts you and your vehicle at risk. Whether it’s a minor fender bender or you careen into something on the side of the road (like a tree or fence) while swerving to avoid an accident, all sorts of structural and mechanical problems are possible.
If you run into trouble with your high performance European vehicle, you’re going to want to get it serviced by an expert foreign auto repair shop in Conway, AR. Contact the team at Riverdale Automotive today for all your service and repair needs.