High-mileage vehicles are becoming the norm rather than the exception. This is especially true with high-end models like Mercedes-Benz, which boasts of longevity to the extent that it sponsors a High Mileage club. The difference between a broken down vehicle and one that goes strong into the six figures is routine maintenance in Conway, AR. When you take in your higher-mileage vehicle for its check-up, here are the services you can expect:
- Thorough inspection for leaks: Wear and tear is inevitable at higher mileage, and that happens even with high-quality vehicles. Mechanics check for damage in major components and for wear in smaller ones, as these symptoms can indicate corrosive chemicals getting loose. If they find line routing, chafe marks or fluid puddles, the source of the leaks is located and repaired.
- Check electrical system: The more bells, whistles and electronic features, the more opportunities for the electrical system to wear out. These are sensitive systems, and they can become unpredictable as they age. If you find your power windows will not open on cold days, or windshield wipers are intermittent when you didn’t request them to be, that shows shortcomings in the electrical system. These quirks are often attributed to wires wearing out, which create an easily repaired problem. While reconnecting and replacing worn wires, we will check the other ones, too.
- Cable inspection and replacement: Not only will wires wear out, but so will larger cables, especially those connecting the starter and battery. The last thing you want is these corroding completely and leaving you stranded one day. We will give these a good check as well, and replace them if necessary.
- Lights: Headlamps, interior lights and trunk and cargo lighting will also start to wear out. Sometimes it is just a matter of replacing bulbs, but wires may also need replacement and reconnection.
- Seat belts and buckles: This essential piece of safety equipment is made to withstand heavy use. It is still prudent to inspect the locking mechanism and the belt itself for condition issues. As these make the difference between walking away from an accident and sustaining serious injury, this extra line of inspection is more than justified.
- Spare tire check: Spare tires remain out of sight, out of mind until they are needed, when you might find that yours can no longer serve you. Rather than face the unenviable situation of a flat tire in a no-signal zone, we look your spare over so it is available when you need it.
- Parking brake: The need to check your parking brake increases as your vehicle ages. You do not want the bad surprise of finding it nonfunctional when you’re parked on a hill, so when vehicles age, the brake should be checked more frequently.
Riverdale Automotive offers routine maintenance in Conway, AR for new and used vehicles alike. When your reliable old standby is due for a tune-up, oil change or repair, call us to arrange for an appointment.