If you’ve spent a lot of time and money on your car, you want it to run at the top end of its performance. You’ve got the best tires, the best brakes and your car feeling just the way you want it to when you’re behind the wheel. Taking your car to the next level means tuning up your engine so that it has speed and power where it counts. If you’re looking for performance tune-ups in Conway, AR, consider these options to put your car nose and fenders above the rest.
- Air Intake: Many factory air intake systems restrict airflow due to manufacturing regulations. A performance tune-up installs a performance air intake system for the best result. A better airflow means more oxygen for your engine to use in the combustion process. And, as an added bonus, many aftermarket air intake systems feature cold air intake—allowing your engine to function with optimal efficiency by combusting fuel at a much lower temperature.
- Carburetors: Install a performance carburetor to make sure the fuel in your engine gets distributed properly. Fuel mileage improves when it is properly mixed and a better carburetor extends the life of your engine. A happier engine is a more powerful engine and can produce more horsepower.
- Manifolds: Finding the right manifold can get your engine humming in just the right way. Dual plane intakes offer great low-end torque off idle, maxing out at about 5000 RPMs. Single plane intakes push that power up to the midrange, increasing upper range limits to 8500 RPM or more.
- Heads: Better heads offer improved performance throughout the entire RPM range. Performance heads provide a great throttle response and increase your top-end horsepower. If you’re looking for more power from your engine, heads are definitely the way to go.
- Ignition: Performance ignition wires deliver the proper voltage from the ignition coil to the spark plugs. Aftermarket ignition coils can often produce much higher voltages compared to the original equipment. An upgraded ignition box often includes a digital microprocessor for increased accuracy, speed and resistance to heat.
- Distributors: A precisely timed distributor can make all the difference in making sure an engine runs on time or if it makes some ugly noises. Distributors should be one of the first things on your aftermarket list and can really go a long way towards giving you tangible aftermarket results from your vehicle.
Whether you’re a racer, a gear head or just someone who wants the best performance out of something they’ve purchased, enhancing your car can take a few pieces to put it over the top. If you don’t want to pop the hood yourself, consider seeking out a shop that does performance tune-ups in Conway, AR. Find a shop that you can trust and your ride will be legendary in no time. Just don’t get too carried away with the aftermarket upgrades or you might find yourself sinking a small fortune into your vehicle!