While vehicle maintenance is important year round, the unpredictability of the fall season especially makes this time of year crucial for keeping up on your foreign auto’s every need. From having your oil checked regularly to ensure proper engine lubrication, to replacing the vital filters throughout your vehicle to bolster efficiency, being aware of the maintenance items that are your responsibility and following through with this routine maintenance in Conway, AR is a crucial aspect of your safety and your vehicle’s functionality in fall. Take a look at a few of the service options you should be looking into and why these things are of such vital importance during this season:
- Brake service: During fall, some days are bright and balmy, while other days they’re overcast and stormy. And while your brakes may function perfectly on those 80-degree days, they might not be so effective when the following day’s weather is 45-degrees and rainy. Have your brakes inspected and replaced if necessary so that you’re ready to tackle whatever type of day fall throws at you.
- Windshield wiper replacements: On the topic of precipitation, you’ll want to make sure that your wiper blades are ready to tackle the higher levels of rain, sleet and snow that will start in fall and follow through the end of the year. Your wiper blades are likely good for six months to a year, so if you can’t remember the last time they were replaced, make sure to shell out the few extra dollars for some the next time your vehicle is receiving routine maintenance in Conway, AR.
- Tire checks: Your tires can be the difference between safety and an accident during the fall season. Having tires with low pressure, worn treads or improper traction mean that you’re resting atop tires that aren’t going to benefit you on the road. Colder temperatures mean air contraction, so make tire pressure checks a number one concern. Also, if you notice wear on your treads, have your tires rotated or invest in new seasonal tires to make sure that you’re still able to grip the pavement with snow, leaves and mud on them.
- Fluid checks: The various fluids in your vehicle should be the subject of some careful attention before winter. Power steering, brake fluid, antifreeze and coolant are subject to the changing temperatures that define fall, which makes it important to monitor their levels and consistency, to make sure that they’re serving the purposes that they’re meant to.
- Battery check: Old and worn batteries have a tendency to lose their resilience during the fall and winter months, often failing drivers when the temperature dips below a certain level. Have your battery checked with each seasonal change to make sure that you’re not going to end up stranded on the side of the road—especially during fall, when the weather can turn ugly.
The more attention you pay to routine maintenance in Conway, AR, the better off you and your vehicle will be in the face of the year’s two harshest seasons. Weathering fall and winter and all that they bring with them, unpredictability and all, means driving safer, more confidently and more assuredly.