You have experts available for European auto repair in Conway, AR. Riverdale Automotive specializes in foreign makes and models, including Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Infiniti. Our expertise is particularly vital when your car reaches its high-mileage years. Here is what is involved with our high-mileage performance service provided by experienced mechanics:
- Use of high-mileage specialty oils: Once a vehicle hits 100,000 miles, it requires special products. If you want your Mercedes to join the High Mileage Club, using specialty oil for high-mileage cars is a good start. This product lubricates better and helps your foreign vehicle last longer. We start recommending this service around the 75,000-mile mark if you primarily drive in the city, since stops and starts can be hard on older engines.
- Check electrical system: The vehicles we service are in the forefront of luxury, and that includes high-end features like power seats and mirrors. These systems may not be essential to the operation of your vehicle, but we all know that, once a customer gets used to heated seats, there is no turning back. Even as high-quality vehicles age, their electric features start to become unpredictable. We will address any quirks with power windows or windshield wipers and generally inspect your car’s electrical system.
- Inspect for leaks: It can be unsettling to find fluid puddles under your luxury vehicle. This is a common sign of aging. Seals sustain wear and tear, and hoses sometimes need replacing. If you notice leaks, we will find the source of them and repair the issue.
- Test seat belts: Many European models are well known for meeting high safety standards. However, all the curtain air bags in the world will not protect you if your seat belt fails. Seat belts are designed for heavy use and to remain strong in challenging situations. Even then, they can start to wear out when cars hit the high-mileage mark. We will check locking mechanisms and wear damage so you remain safe on the road.
- Check the spare tire: Unless you experience flat tires frequently, it is unlikely you look at your spare tire except when you need it. This can create unfortunate situations if you discover the spare tire is flat and you are out of mobile phone range. Mechanics know to check it so you can repair it before you find yourself on the side of the road. Spare tires have sat longer in high-mileage vehicles, so they need to be checked more frequently.
- Repair the parking brake: The parking brake faces many demands, and it tends to wear out quickly as cars age. Since you do not want to discover your parking brake failure on a steep street as you parallel park, we will inspect it. If you notice it acting up, bring in your car soon so you do not become a safety risk.
Riverdale Automotive knows European auto repair in Conway, AR must consider the unique circumstances of high-mileage vehicles. If you are lucky enough to own one of these long-running cars, call us today to secure the maintenance and repairs it needs to keep going strong.