Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Porsche are a few of the top luxury brands you’ll see out on the road. They’re also all foreign vehicles. You’ll most likely end up paying a lot more at the dealership to buy a foreign car, and people say you’ll pay more at a repair shop to repair a foreign car than you would to fix an American-made vehicle (or an American brand that was made in Mexico).
Is that true, though? And if it is, what are some of the ways you can avoid taking your foreign vehicle in for repairs unless it’s absolutely necessary? Let’s delve into the truth behind foreign auto repair in Conway, AR.
Foreign auto repair does tend to be more expensive
It’s true. Generally speaking, you’ll have to pony up more cash to repair your foreign-made luxury vehicle than you would for a Cadillac or Lincoln. There are some reasons for that, and they have nothing to do with whether your mechanic wants to make a few extra bucks:
- Foreign parts cost more: Most foreign parts are made outside of the U.S., so having to ship them in costs more than it would if the parts were made in America.
- Labor is more expensive: Foreign vehicles are harder to fix, so it goes without saying that they take more time to repair. The longer a car is in the shop, the more expensive it’ll be, because mechanics work by the hour. All of our mechanics are highly trained and experts in foreign auto repair, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands.
- People neglect their cars: The most common reason foreign auto repairs cost more is that owners don’t pay attention when their car is trying to tell them it needs to be repaired. As soon as you notice a problem like squealing brakes, flashing warning lights or fluid leaks, get it fixed! The longer you wait to have your car repaired, the more expensive it’ll be.
There are ways to avoid foreign auto repair in Conway, AR
As mentioned above, the top reason why we see vehicles come into our garage is because owners just didn’t get their car fixed as soon as they realized they had an issue. It seems like it’s an epidemic. Is it because everyone is too busy, too lazy or just apathetic? Who knows! Here are a few ways you can avoid having to visit an auto repair shop:
- Get your oil changed: Car manufacturers don’t just say you need to get your oil changed every couple of thousand miles. Oil goes bad after a certain period of time and doesn’t perform up to its original standards. Visit us to get your oil changed and avoid the need to repair your car!
- Have your brakes serviced: Squealing brakes aren’t good! They’re annoying, but they’re also a sign that you need to have them fixed or replaced to avoid an accident. As soon as you notice an issue, visit us to have them serviced before the problem gets more expensive and dangerous.
- Visit us for routine maintenance: Simple checkups can go a long way. Taking your car in for inspection and a quick tune-up will do wonders to keep repairs to a minimum.
Don’t let the fear of paying a mechanic to fix your car deter you from buying a foreign-made luxury vehicle. Just take care of it and your repair costs won’t be nearly as high as you think. And when you do need foreign auto repair in Conway, AR, bring your car to Riverdale Automotive!